Monday, July 4

My Eyes Have Seen The Glory

Let us reflect today on how our great nation was founded.



Lost behind strawberries, whipped cream, and blueberries arranged on a sheet cake, parades, and mostly illegal fireworks, is a day of celebrating... what are we celebrating again? And hand me a piece of the cake.


We celebrate freedom. As Christians, we have a right and privilege to rejoice today and any day!


The Battle Hymn of the Republic is going through my head. It's a classic on the 4th. The words have far more to do with God's victory over sin and darkness than stars, stripes, and the US of A. It is a great reminder though, of why we celebrate and what our freedom allows us.


Happy Independence Day!



Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of
Wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible
Swift sword;
His truth is marching on.




Glory, glory! Hallelujah!
Glory, glory! Hallelujah!
Glory, glory! Hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.


I have seen Him in the watchfires of a hundred circling
Camps;
They have building Him an altar in the evening dews and
Damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring
Lamps;
Our God is marching on.



I have read a fiery gospel, writ in burnished rows of steel;
As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall
Deal;
Let the hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on."



He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call
Retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgement
Seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! by jubliant,
My feet!
Our God is marching on.




In the beauty of the lilies, Christ was born across the
Sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me;
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.



In all fairness to the following youtube clip, I watched about 10 different "Battle Hymn of the Republic" videos before deciding on this one. 

It reminds me of my Gaither-loving family and I can't help but be caught up in the emotion of the song. :)

No comments: