Friday, January 14

How To Stop Whining

Read II Corinthians 9:6-15




Gotcha! You thought, because of the title of this post, I was gonna give you some hints on how to stop your children from whining… well, I will throw that in shortly – but this is for you mom!



Last week our guest post writer Jessica wrote a lingering post where she used the phrase “God stoops without sighing”and that phrase has been swirling around in my head all week in all of its poetic-ness and simple truth.


So, that got me to pondering… what have I been sighing and whining about lately? Yes… something came to mind – but that is a thought I shall privately keep to myself… as I am still in process on that one.



I further pondered… now… what did I used to say to my children when they were whining. (Here’s the aforementioned suggestion.)


“Sorry sweetie, mom can’t hear you when your voice is like that. You need to go to your room and when you are ready to use your real voice and tell me why you are frustrated (pronounced fa-rus-ta-rated) you can come back in here and talk to me and I will help you.”




I knew I could help my child… but my child was incapable of processing my help… due to her own, very visible, and audible, attitude.


Since I was in such a magnificent pondering mode… I kept going.


Imagine God, in all His Power and Glory looking down at me, when I am right smack dab in the middle of one of my “poor pitiful me, sighing, whining, mud puddle splashing, woe is me, I suppose I should just go out in the yard and eat worms” MOMents… days… weeks… OK, never mind – when I am in a valley – regardless of the length of time.


Anyway, God – whom I spend most of my day in an ongoing conversation with (cause He loves me that much… you too …if you didn’t realize it) would then bend down look into my downtrodden eyes and forlorn pouty face and say,


“Sorry Tracey, I cannot help you when your attitude is like that. You need to open the word and when you embrace the truth you can bow your head and listen to me and I will help you.”


He is with us ALWAYS, but it is our attitude that causes us not to grasp what He is trying to teach us.



“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, 

that we should be called children of God!” 


1 John 3:1



Written by Tracey from MomLifeToday.com.

No comments: