Thursday, June 16

Things I don't do Anymore

Read Psalm 77:11-20




Some things I don’t do anymore...


1. Drive more than 4 MPH over the posted speed limit. I’m sorry if you’re in a hurry and are stuck behind me, but I have learned this lesson thoroughly.

2. Laugh and/or sneeze without a certain amount of fear.

3. Get bored.

4. Use the restroom in my own home without locking the door.

5. Feel self conscious during a worship service.

6. Wonder if I’m good enough. I’m not. God can work with that.

7. Argue with Pharisees.


The following list was inspired by this post at (in)courage.me. Sometimes I feel like I keep learning the same lesson over and over again and it’s just not sticking. Maturity seems to be a long time coming, but looking back, I really have learned a few things.


Instead reading a really long blog post, wouldn’t it be more fun to make your own list? Go ahead. Think back on your spiritual life and consider how far you’ve come. Make a list. And feel free to share it with us.


The journey is long, but don’t spend so much time lamenting the long way ahead that you forget to rejoice in the ground you have covered.


Set up road signs;
put up guideposts.
Take note of the highway,
the road that you take.
Jeremiah 31:21

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I don't get bored any more either!

I also pick my battles and don't care if my kids go out of the house looking crazing in their own fashion foibles. Is that a sign of maturity or laziness. Either way, I'm embracing it.

The Ugly Homemaker said...

I don't judge people with less than perfect hygiene. Nothing puts the kibosh on beauty regiments like having little kiddos.