Tuesday, June 21

Who am I?

I'm not alone, I have to remind myself. I am not the only one floundering. I'm not the only one in sweat pants. I'm not the only one who doesn't measure up. Slacker, insignificant, inadequate and foolish. All of these are words I would use to describe myself if I had to rely on what I bring to the table. 


All that and Jesus. 




Jesus changes the equation.




Because of Jesus...




I am loved 1John 3:3


I am accepted Ephesians 1:6


I am a child of God  John 1:12


I am Jesus’ friend John 15:14


I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him Romans 8:17


I am united with God and one spirit with Him 1Corinthians 6:17


I am a temple of God. His spirit and his life live in me 1 Corinthians 6:19


I am a member of Christ’s body. 1 Corinthians 12:27


I am a Saint Ephesians 1:1


I am redeemed and forgiven Colossians 1:14


I am complete in Jesus Christ Colossians 2:10


I am free from condemnation Romans 8:1


I am a new creation because I am in Christ 2Corinthians 5:17


I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved Colossians 3:12


I am established, anointed, and sealed by God 2Corinthians 1:21


I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind 2Timothy 1:7


I am God’s co-worker 2Corinthians 6:1


I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Eph 2:6


I have direct access to God Ephesians 2:18


I am chosen to bear fruit John 15:16


I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house 1 Peter 2:5


I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His 
nature 2 Peter 1:4


I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me Hebrews 13:5


God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do Philippians 2:13


I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need James 1:5




I am convinced that this list should be required daily hourly reading. Print it. Stick it up somewhere you can't help but stare the Truth in the face. Believe it. 



Content borrowed from here

No comments: