Wednesday, November 2

Pray Without Ceasing

Read 1 Timothy 2:1-8 


Written by Ashley K.



 “Dear Heavenly Father, Lord, please be with Ashley. Help her to start making good decisions and to look to you as her source of life. I pray that she come to know you better and that she stops living as a woman of this world. I pray that she allow the Holy Spirit to take over. Remind her that she is special and worthy of all you have to offer. Father, give me the strength and the wisdom to know how to help her. In your precious name, Amen.” 



I imagine that is what my Mom’s prayers were like during the dark times in my life. It took several years for me to come around, but I can guarantee my Mom was on her knees every day praying for me.



Growing up, I knew that my Mom was awake before the rest of us. She would sit at the kitchen table with her coffee, her bible, her journal, and she’d be wearing one of those ridiculous floor length Grandma robes. She spent a lot of that time in prayer.




To this day, I know that if I need a prayer answered, I go to her. She is a faithful prayer warrior. Knowing that my Mom is praying for me, has been praying for me, and even encouraged others to pray for me, is very powerful. The fact that she has dedicated so much time and effort to lifting me up in prayer gives me a tremendous sense of security.



Not only that, but the other women in her circle of friends that have spoken to God on my behalf, have also played a significant role in the woman I am today. Wouldn’t you be honored to be a part of someone’s spiritual transformation? You can be if you devote the precious moments during your day to pray for them. “I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.” (Ephesians 1:16)



Never underestimate the power of prayer. That line, “there’s nothing we can do but pray,” is bogus. Prayer is our most powerful tool and often times we take it for granted. Our prayers are not falling on deaf ears. God hears each one of them. “Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!” (Psalm 66:20)



When someone asks you to pray for them or a loved one, be sure to dedicate the time and follow through. Where would I be if my team of prayer warriors had forgotten to pray for me? “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)



Create a prayer journal or keep a list of the people that God lays on your heart to pray for. It’s so important for us to lift up our brothers and sisters in prayer. I borrowed this prayer from the Girlfriends in God devotional I receive daily. It was specifically written as a prayer for husbands, but I feel that it can be used for anyone. Sometimes, God lays someone on our heart to pray for but we don’t actually know the specific need. You can use this to get you started.



Lord, I pray for my husband (or insert name here), from head to toe:



 • His Head - That he will look to You as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:13)

 • His Mind - That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)

 • His Eyes - That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)

 • His Ears - That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8) • His Mouth - That his words will be pleasing to You. (Proverbs 19:14)

 • His Neck - That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)

 • His Heart - That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:5, Proverbs 3:5) • His Arms - That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)

 • His Hands - That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)

 * His feet - That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)

No comments: