Tuesday, December 6

Blown Away

Read Proverbs 31 (I know. But read it anyway. It's good for you).


By Kristen as published at (in)courage.me


As I sit here the wind outside is blowing. First one way and then another. The leaves can’t seem to find a solid place to land. It has been like this for a few days now. One moment our lawn is filled with leaves from the neighbor’s trees and when I look out again our lawn is surprisingly clear.



Such is my life at times.
Times when it seems like everything around me is blowing and changing and I just want to find a solid place to land.



It can start from the moment that I wake – so many things I think there is to do. And although I am up much earlier than I should need to be, I find myself blowing around until the door closes behind us.
And I am missing the opportunities to see and hear the sounds and beauty around me. I am so busy flying from one spot to another, looking for that solid place to land that I miss what is right in front of me.



The thump, thump of little feet running down the hallway.



A messy-haired bright-eyed boy who wants nothing more than to say good morning to his mama and have some juice.



A young boy who has questions about the world because he is trying to find his place in it.



When my focus is on myself and all that I think needs to be done in a day, I stop focusing on what God has placed as gifts right in front of me in my family.



Smiles and laughter, hugs and love, encouragement and respect.



These are the things that I need to be intentional about every day with my family. These are the things that I want them to remember about me.



Proverbs 14:1 “The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.”



Not that I got yet another load of laundry done, or vacuumed the floors again. While an important part of my families daily life – it isn’t what they should remember about me.



It shouldn’t be my main focus!



Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”



So as the winds blow outside I know that I do not have to be moved. I can secure my foundation on Christ. Focus on His will for me as a wife and mother. And start to become a Proverbs 31 Woman.



Proverbs 31:2 “Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.”



Proverbs 31:10-12 “An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.”

No comments: