Thursday, May 31

Living Hope


"For in this hope we were saved.  

Now hope that is seen is not hope.  

For who hopes for what he sees?  

But if we hope for what we do not see, 

we wait for it with patience."

(Romans 8:24-25)



Hope: the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.



I throw around the word "hope" a lot.  I encourage friends and family to hope in the Lord.  Hope for what they desire.  Hope for the best.



It's easy to say.



By definition, hope isn't something that I practice in my everyday life.  My brain gets clouded with doubt and inadequacy and all glimpses of hope fly right out the window.  There are specific situations in my life that I look at and think they are so far beyond repair.  I feel discouraged.  Hopeless.



I pray to God that he relieve me of these burdens and that these situations are mended.  But the truth is, I lack hope.  I don't rest faithfully on the fact that God will provide the very best outcome and his glory will shine.



"And hope does not disappoint us, 

because God has poured out his love 

into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, 

whom he has given us."

(Romans 5:5)



Looks like it is time for me to take my own advice and place my bet on the Lord.  God has put this word "hope" on my heart for a while now.  I believe he is nudging me to provoke some hope in your lives as well.



Are you with me?  Is there something going on in your life that you've given up on?  Do you think that God isn't listening?  It is so easy to get discouraged and to feel like you're stuck in a rut.  Satan loves that little trick.  Let me assure you right now, God is at work in your life and all he's asking for in return for his impending blessing is some hope.



Commit to hoping in the Lord today.  Whatever your struggles, whatever your needs, hope in the Lord.  Your path may look a little cloudy to you today but I guarantee you that once God reveals his mighty plan, it will all be worth it!



"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, 

be constant in prater."

(Romans 12:12)




-Ashley K.

No comments: