Friday, July 20

Jesus, Friend of Sinners

Read Romans 12:14-16



God has been shouting a message at me lately...



"Break our hearts for what breaks Yours."



These days I can't listen to this song without feeling the Holy Spirit stirring inside of me.  Let this be a reminder to all of us today to love our brothers and sisters.  To show love and mercy to everyone we encounter.



Ask the sales clerk how she is doing.



Open the door for the old lady walking in behind you.



Pray with someone who looks like they need a glimpse of hope.



We all have problems.  Let me assure you, God does not think your problems are small, but sometimes He asks us to acknowledge that we have hurting brothers and sisters that need our understanding and compassion.



Now find a box of kleenex, lock the door so no one accidentally walks in and sees you ugly crying, and listen to the lyrics of this powerful song.







"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."

Romans 12:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my message lately has been "love thy neighbor". more and more this past year i have heard sermons, songs... blogs. i can't get away from it. God's saying "don't look at the small place before you, look at those around you. BE a servant to them, risk getting hurt, risk being scorned. Love them like I love them." It's a hard lesson to apply sometimes but i'm working on it.

Marie said...

This same cry "break my heart for what breaks yours" has been in my heart recently too. Thanks for sharing a great post!