Thursday, October 14

His Goodness.


Posted by Alysun as written by Katie Davis (with permission)



Read Luke 11:9-13, see below




Have I told you how God loves me?


Last week I was telling my husband that I've been wanting boots. I've wanted them for about 4 years, but the kind I love are around $200 or more! So I knew it would have to be a miracle to get some this year.  I felt funny doing it, but I whispered a what felt like a selfish prayer..."God, I'd really like some boots this year...".




Not even a week later I was digging through the bins at goodwill with a friend and found THE boots. My size. Already broken in for me. The color I wanted. Less than $2.00. I felt His smile. Thank You Jesus for caring about me.


The Message paraphrased Bible says exactly what I am so reminded of right now. (Luke 11:9-13)


Ask and you'll get; Seek and you'll find; Knock and the door will open.
Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need.
This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider?
As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children.
And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?



And as the Amplified Bible more traditionally says:



So I say to you, Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given you; seek and keep on seeking and you shall find; knock and keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you.
For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened.
What father among you, if his son asks for a loaf of bread, will give him a stone; or if he asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good gifts [gifts that are to their advantage] to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him!




I have always known we'd be taken care of, that every need would be met, and they always have been, often above and beyond what we could imagine. But sometimes I forget to ask. Sometimes I forget that He loves to give.

No comments: